Weather Modeling: Parallelized and Pedagogical
Table of Contents
2 Weather Modeling
Pre-computers: looking west
- Need more sources here
2.2 Parallel Aspects of Weather Modeling
History back to 1960s on SOLOMONs
- Data type
3 What is Cligen?
Model vs. Forecast
Short-term vs. long-term
- Human vs. computer
- Data types
- Compare with MM5
3.1 Parallelization points
Core statistical equations (marked with PARALLELIZE)
Calculation of the distance from the mean of precipitation, with units
- Smoothing of monthly rainfall data
- Computation of a, the ratio of half-hourly rainfall to total
- Computation of c2, or how well the data fit to a theoretical data
- Computation of Taylor series. I don't know what it is or what it is used
for, but I could parallelize it.
- Efficiency calculations
- Speedup calculations
4 User interface
- Easy to make changes
- Fast results
- Ability to combine multiple stations?
- How fine-grained should the changes be?
This document was translated from LATEX by